Hey, Stephen here.
Thanks for checking out my blog, you’ve come to the right place if your looking for a comprehensive review of Become a Game Tester by Matthew Johnson.
First and foremost, I just want to clarify I will be giving you an unrestricted unbiased and honest review of this video game testers course so that if you are thinking about being a game tester or want a video game tester career, you’ll have the necessary information for making an informed decision about Become a Game Tester. What your about to read are the ESSENTIAL details you need to know before grabbing a copy of the guide for yourself and to answer the question: “Is Become a Game Tester a scam?”
This is a review site: Click here to visit Matthew Johnson’s Official Become a Game Tester Website.
It’s over 80 pages of critical information that will put you head and shoulders above other job hunters who are also seeking to get paid for playing games. It teaches you how to find video game tester job openings, how to become a game developer, what is involved in being a game tester, how to find game testing jobs at home and more.
I’ve seen a lot of programs like this over the years, and I have to be honest with you; going in I assumed that this would be like some others I’ve seen…full of pipe dreams and fluff. But I realized by the second page that this wasn’t going to be one of those. Matthew Johnson doesn’t pull any punches when it comes to telling you the way it is. This program will teach you exactly what it takes to be a game tester. It covers the requirements, the skills, experience and the qualifications needed to get a game testers job. This program also will teach you about the types of testing you’ll need for a game tester job, the hours you’ll work, the pay you can expect and everything else you always wanted to know about getting paid for playing games.
What are the BAD things about Become a Game Tester?
Just like every other product and book I have ever reviewed, nothing is perfect and here are the flaws I noticed after reading Matthews guide:
- Having read a lot of these before, there seems to be a lot of time spent on the resume’ preperation and interview process, which if you’re a younger reader I understand could be helpful, but for someone who has been through that process plenty, it was a little bit boring.
- The process isn’t as easy as just making a phone call, eating Doritos in your underwear and collecting a paycheck. So if you think that this type of position is that good to be true…you’re mistaken. This will take some homework and you will need to follow the process. But of course with anything that pays in life you probably already knew this.
And how about the GOOD things about Become a Game Tester?
- Although it can be a lot of information to take in, it has countless hours of researched work done for you and puts hundreds of gaming companies & all of their information right at your fingertips. Matthew has compiled an impressive list of 115 game companies from the U.S. and 154 video game companies from other countries around the world, and has provided locations and links to their websites so you can get started immediately. He also gives you a list of another 865 gaming and gaming item companies that you can apply at for a game tester job.
- Some other good things about the program are all the real-world samples that you can mimic to save you a ton of time. The process is explained very well and covers both the up-sides and the down-sides of all things covered.
- As far as I can see the guide covers about every angle you can think of. This truly seems like the “total package.” You’ll learn about writing resumes, cover letters, reviews, blogs, preparing for interviews, what to say, what not to say, the exact things that all gaming companies are looking for, video game review sites, free article submission sites, keyword generators and more.
Overall, what do I think?
All in all, and after looking at 6 other Become a Game Tester programs, I think this one is by far the most complete. You also receive extras reports like: “8 Steps to Becoming a Video game Reviewer,” “10 Steps to Getting Your First Game Testing Job” and “How to Become a Video Game Designer” and you’ll also get a “Life-Time Game Tester Job Search Membership” and a current list of “Game Companies that are Hiring.”
I give it 3.94 out of 4. ~ Good Job Matthew!